Five Tips for Fuel Efficiency on Coast to Coast Truck Driving Jobs
If you were told that there’s a way to get cheaper fuel easily, wouldn’t you be interested? It’s not some pipe dream or shady deal that’s on the margins of the law; it’s a fully legal reality that’s within the grasp of every trucker on the road. Intelligent driving saves money on each gallon.
When you’re working coast to coast truck driving jobs, every penny is precious, and advice on how to save money on fuel is priceless to you and your company. At Hurricane Express Inc. we have a few tips drivers will find valuable for keeping expenses as low as possible. Let’s take a look.
1. Don’t speed. It’s good advice for any driver, anywhere. Obey the speed limit, and you’ll save fuel dollars. A marginal increase in speed burns a lot of extra fuel. Obeying the limit also helps you stay on the good side of the law. Let your cruise control keep you at legal speeds.
2. Drive smoothly. Don’t give in to drag-strip-like starts at traffic lights; they just burn fuel faster. Watch the road ahead and be aware of when you will need to stop and start. The fewer times you need to slow drastically or stop means less fuel burned to get your load on the move again.
3. A rule of thumb for cornering says that you should choose the right gear for cornering so you can enter slowly but exit while accelerating to maintain your momentum.
4. Keep your rig in tip-top shape. Coast to coast truck driving jobs take a toll on equipment, but by keeping yours in fine tune, it will be more fuel efficient. This includes simple things like maintaining accurate tire pressure for less rolling resistance on the road.
5. Limit time idling. Keeping a truck running while it’s just sitting burns unnecessary fuel and also contributes to pollution. Turn your truck off when you can.
By following these simple tips, you will see an increase in your fuel efficiency and a corresponding decrease in your expenses, which can climb quickly on coast to coast truck driving jobs if you’re not careful. This advice is good for you, your rig, and your company.
Learn how you can secure coast to coast truck driving jobs today when you call 1 (877) 379-7383.